Friday, April 18, 2008

The Tidal Wave, a Wet Camera and Phone Phenomena!

First Cobra then Tidal wave!!
God somebody is conspiring against me!!

Yesterday I was shooting in Princep Ghat.
This was my first visit there. As I am living in this city for about two years now.
The view was really nice! The bridge over, below boats and steamers sailing. In Murshidabad Ganges is narrower. But here she is more wider!!

I went down straight to the Ganges. My feet were in water when we started shooting. The camera person was also close to water!
Shooting was going on. Thank God I don't have that habit of facing the camera all the time when talking! I suddenly heard a sound!! Instinctively I got off from the water running!!
A huge tidal wave came and our camera-person was under it!!

I never had any idea that I can see a wave in a river!!
The camera was completely wet and useless! I saw the water has current which can draw a human being to the deep if he/she is unbalanced! And I am the definition of "unbalanced"!! My folks tell me even when walking I can meet accident forget anything like driving!!

Princep Ghat at Night:



When we were looking at the useless camera suddenly my phone rang. A very familiar voice from another show.
I don't know how my mobile service provider has given me a "Gayatri Mantra" caller tune and deducted 25Rs!! I never subscribed for anything! And then they had sent me a message to unsubscribe I will have to call in a 6digit no:, if I call in that no: they will again charge me 6Rs/per min!!
In plain words my mobile service provider is robbing me!!
Anyway first that told me,"Ki re khub paap korchhis naki, mobile e Gayantri Mantra lagiyechhis?"[Are you committing too much sins, you have chosen such a religious caller tune?"]
With a scorching Sun overhead, with a wet camera to shoot, my mobile service provider is making a mockery of me!!
I told him "****** er paaper ghara purna hoyechhe, tai lok ke mantra caller tune pathiye abar taka o katchhe!"[******(read mobile service provider) has committed so many sins that they are sending religious caller tunes to the customers without their consent and they are even so outrageous that even charging for that!]

I told my Director that I need a written statement! That if I die doing "Anurodher Asor", they should compensate my family!! I climb up the trees! I go down to the rivers even though I can't swim!!
I even go to paddy fields in this kind of heat and face Black Cobra!! That snake don't even need to bite me! I could have died by the shocking sight of it!!
For the next few hours we tried to shoot, but the camera wouldn't open! So we had a early pack up!

At there we saw Director Sangha Mitra Banarjee shooting for a Bengali Movie! She came to us and talked to me.
She agreed in this kind of extreme heat, it's almost impossible to shoot outdoors.

No comments: