Saturday, July 26, 2008

Freedom from conventions:

I love to read biographies. It inspires me, it gives me hope in lean times! One of the most incredible biography I have ever read is of Oprah Winfrey. A person, who isn't a looker, had everything stacked against her, can go so far by sheer talent and hard work! It's an amazing phenomena.
I will like to change my blog name from "Anurodher Asor" to "The Kousani Roy Show". I do more shows as well as "Anurodher Asor". I will like to write about my experiences from them too.
Though as a blog writer my capacity to be candid is severely compromised because of nature of our mindset.
People do react, controversies are created very quickly.

Sometimes I am scared of people! Scared of harm, pain. Sometimes I want to hide. Sometimes I really wonder if it's worth it..communicating. If I keep mum, I will be far away from lot of things. But that joy to express...it's something for which I come back to net.

I researched a lot about Oprah. I feel the success of her show is in her nature. The interviewer feels every emotion of the guest. She cries, she laughs, she feels. That's why people relate to her easily and tell her things on national television, that otherwise they wouldn't tell anybody even in privacy!



In a show I recited a Joy Goswami poem about working women, who travel by train with rice bags.

"Sato Barsho Egiye Ase
Satobarsho Jai
Chal tolo go masipisi
Lalgola Bongnai."


I felt that. In my college days I used to travel by train to attend private tuition. I used to watch them very closely. I felt their stories and I cried out loud. I just cried my heart out, it was not fake. I wasn't acting. It was genuine emotion. It affected my guest too, she also cried.
That footage was edited out. May be it wasn't possible in a time format to include it.


Another very well known host is Howard Stern. He is very rude and creepy! He attacks everybody. He is so mean that people love to hate him!! It's a style. There are some stand up comedians who also attacks people, attacks his audience verbally! It's all fun.
In "Anurodher Asor" I am a bit aggresive! I am street smart! It's a character I portray!!
But there are conventions! Compulsions! I have to keep myself in check!



To incorporate something new is always tough!

I just hope that someday I will get my freedom!! May be that day I will name it "The Kousani Roy Show"!!

2 comments:

Sutirtha said...

Well written blog. Not regularly but I too get a chance to watch your show "Anurodher Ashor" just because it is similliar to what we do here in Friends FM. I've had an experience of producing a request show on Friends and got to know a lot about the listener's pulse and choice. Some unbelievable infos on trend of listening had changed my opinion on the listnership too. Would share them some time. Meanwhile if possible do visit my blogspot which is very new and with a few articles. I hope you'd like it. It is as follows :
www.muzik4frenz.blogspot.com

Kousani said...

Thanks for your kind words!
Because I have to travel constantly for Anurodher Asor (unlike the other shows I do) I gather so many experiences, both bitter and sweet in it!