Saturday, September 20, 2008

Channel Says!!

People in Television media is used to hear this term "Channel Bolechhe" (Channel Said).
I often wonder who is "Channel"? How he looks like?!!
I suspect people (no matter who he is) often give their own opinion as "Channel's"!!

I anchored the daily morning show "Anurodher Asor" for 7 months.
I don't do it any more. May be it's a coffee break. Or may be I will never do it again!
Lot of people, including strangers asked me, complained me for that!!

Well, as I used to do the out door part of the show; in rainy season it was hard to shoot.
Also I was hard pressed for time, as I have other commitments as well.
So, if I have enough time after Durga Puja, and if they need me then, I will return.

Currently I am shooting for a Puja Special Show 'Ajker Uma" which will start to telecast from 22nd Sep in Zee Bangla.



"Ajker Uma" starting from 22nd Sep, 1PM, Mon-Sat, Zee Bangla

Me and my co-anchor Suman Banarjee played with 84 workig women and house wives.
All of them have seen me in Akash Bangla show "Ei Toh Sujog". Which is expected as "Ei Toh Sujog" is in Prime Time.

But surprisingly most of them have seen the morning show "Anurodher Asor" also.
The feedback I got from them and other places, don't tally with the opinion I was made to believe.

First of all they loved my "keoramo"![Street smart ness?!!].
They wanted it more.

But I was told "The Channel has said" to cut it down a bit!!

They loved my language, humor.

But I was told "Channel said follow the script."

To be very honest, I never followed the script.
What ever is written in the script can't be followed in a street show.
I can't discuss about how romantic is the moon standing in the middle of a field at 12noon!! So I had to improvise!

But as the channel said....so...

Once there was written in the script "Bibhuti Bhusan Mukhopadhay"!!
As they told me to follow the script, so I did!!
No body complained!!

I suspect channel never told me anything.
Just about everybody, starting from the camera person to the spot boy gives their own opinion in the name of channel.

I do a show for Akash Bangla.
It's the channel's own production, so I know everybody in the channel.
It was like working for your home!
"The Channel" didn't told me anything that way!!

1 comment:

Roopam Choudhury said...

Hehehehe...its an open society now....the channel can be much more than just a 'he' :-P

Yea interesteing obserations....we working in the broadcast industry can really bring out the true colors of it!

Take care...nice reading your blog